Monday 19 November 2012

Modern Mondays: "Chartreuse & The Chocolate Factory"

I'm always encountering new cocktail ideas, recipes, and techniques. I hope to catalogue as much as possible on this site to encourage a sense of community and in hopes that every professional and home bartender will inspire every other so we all continue to create and share. A little alliteration helps in these situations, so "Modern Mondays" seemed fitting enough for sharing new ideas. I have no intention of doing this every Monday, but a couple a month is definitely a start. Let's get to it.

We're currently in the fall limbo between Halloween and Christmas (up here anyway, I guess all you southerners still have your Thanksgiving to come), and I'm lucky to have been sent a few fall cocktails to share before I get into my upcoming Christmas series in December. These didn't make it into my series last month, but are too delicious to pass up.

The infamous and renowned David Wolowidnyk from West on South Granville in Vancouver is sharing his herbal and chocolatey sipper aptly titled "Chartreuse & The Chocolate Factory." His story behind this is simple:
"Picture the night security guard at the chocolate factory falling asleep drunk while drinking Chartreuse and eating walnuts and somehow burning the place to the ground."

Sad but delicious - my kind of drink.

Chartreuse & The Chocolate Factory

2oz Maker's Mark Bourbon infused with Cocoa Nibs
1/2oz Green Chartreuese
1/2 oz Cynar
Dash Fee's Black Walnut Bitters

Stir ingredients with ice. Strain over new ice.
Mist surface with Ardbeg 10 Year-Old Single Malt Scotch.


No comments:

Post a Comment